New Year’s Eve 2017 is just around the corner, which means the world will soon be popping champagne bottles and counting down the seconds of yet another bygone year.
But, if you could celebrate NYE anywhere on earth this year, where would you go? We pondered that very question and took the liberty to prepare this list of the top 10 international cities to celebrate New Year’s Eve 2017.
Whether you’re actually planning an end of year trip or just dreaming of an escape, have a read to see what places throw the wildest NYE celebrations in the world and be sure to visit clubZone for more details and tickets to the hottest New Year’s parties in your city.
To kick off our list of top international NYE cities we want to shout out to our brothers and sisters down under. Australians love to party and there’s no place in the country that captures that energy better than Sydney.
Every December, hundreds-of-thousands of revelers from all around the world head over to this stunning city to celebrate the end of one year and the coming of another. The event includes a world-renowned fireworks display over the harbor and countless parties at the city’s hottest nightclubs and bars.
Paris is a top tourist destination at all times of the year, but seeing the city come alive with NYE celebrations is truly something special. Often referred to as the City of Light, we couldn’t think of a more fitting nickname for Paris on December 31st.
Every year the iconic Eiffel Tower hosts one of the most renowned lightshows and fireworks display in the world. Nearby, Parisians and tourists alike flood to the Champs-Élysées, a 230ft-wide avenue that hosts an annual street party complete with great music, live entertainment, and, you guessed it, plenty of champagne.
Whether it’s a sporting victory or a seasonal event, the Scots know how to celebrate, and New Year’s Eve in Edinburgh proves that to the entire world.
Locally referred to as Hogmanay, which literally means “the last day of the year,” the annual NYE festivities in Edinburgh last 3 entire days. Things kick off on December 30th with a torchlight parade through the city and a fireworks show. New Year’s Eve, on the other hand, is celebrated with large outdoor festivals, concerts, and street parties, and another massive fireworks display over the historic Edinburgh Castle.
Finally, things end on January 1st with a dog sledding competition at Holyrood Park, the annual Loony Dook Parade, and Scot:Lands, a multi-venue music and arts festival featuring some of the world’s biggest and best performers and musicians.
If you’ve never stepped foot into the bustling metropolis that is Bangkok, do yourself a favor and plan a visit for NYE 2016. With incredible parties, incredible food and drink, and awesome cultural festivals, Bangkok is definitely one of our favorite places to celebrate NYE in the world.
The centerpiece of the celebrations in this city takes place at Central World Square where hundreds of thousands of locals and expats gather to ring in the coming of the new year. The event features a spectacular lighting show, live concerts, and live video projections of celebrations from other parts of the world.
Once the clock strikes midnight, the sky above Bangkok erupts with a stunning fireworks and the party takes to many of the nightclubs and bars scattered throughout the city.
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
The New Year’s Eve celebrations in Rio are the largest in the world. Taking place on the iconic Copacabana Beach, the event hosts of over 2 million local and international guests each year, making for one unforgettable party.
Many of the locals can be spotted decked out in full white attire, which is said to bring good luck, and tossing flowers into the sea as a gift to Yemanjá, the goddess of the seas. Multiple stages are also set up along the waterfront, hosting awe-inspiring performances that combine both music and dance.
Finally, the official celebrations are come to a close with a huge fireworks display over the ocean before people take to the many nightlife venues across town to keep the party going.
If parties and electronic music were natural growing vegetables, Berlin would be the most fertile place on earth. If you’re lucky enough to have paid this stunning city a visit and where overwhelmed by the nightlife on a regular weekend, head back for NYE (or “Silvester”) and you’ll probably lose all understanding of reality.
The central NYE attraction in Berlin is “Party Mile,” a 2km stretch running between Brandenburg Gate and the Victory Column complete with bars, music stages, party tents, food stalls, and much more.
There’s also a fireworks show at midnight, after which people head to many of the city’s venues to party well into New Year’s Day. Those looking for something a little less party orientated can head to the Berlin Silvesterlauf, a pancake race where runners have to flip pancakes as they make their towards the finish line, or participate in an annual 4km run on January 1st.
Los Angeles, USA
LA is renowned as the heart of the US’ film industry, but there is much more to this sprawling city than the celebrities in Hollywood. If you want to get a real taste for the lively culture of Los Angeles, make sure you check it out this December 31st.
One of the biggest annual celebrations in town is N.Y.E.L.A , an all-night celebration spread across 90 acres of downtown LA, reaching all the way from Grand Park to The Music Centre to City Hall. The event features multiple live performances by world-class artists and musicians, a vast variety of food, and large projections of the celebrations taking place in other parts of the globe.
The event lasts till 1am on January 1st, at which point most people continue the party at one of the many nightlife venues across the city.
Here are some of the hottest NYE events in Los Angeles. For more info and tickets, visit clubZone today:
- 8th Annual Cleopatra’s 2017 LA New Years Eve Ball: Party like an Egyptian in the 8th edition of the amazing Cleopatra Annual Ball. Come up to the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood and join the best party L.A. has to offer, with 4 of the city’s best DJs spinning on 3 dance floors, with 2 VIP areas and 5 hours worth of open bar.
- NYElectric W Hollywood Hotel Rooftop: Party like the stars on this New Year’s Eve: come to the W Hollywood Loft & Rooftop Lounge Choose between saying farewell to 2016 looking into the beautiful L.A. skyline or dance the night away with 2 of the best DJs in town spinning all night in two different areas. Oh, and did we mention there’s 4 hours of premium open bar?
- Midnight Toast New Year’s Eve 2017 – Sofitel Beverly Hills: The Sofitel Hotel is ringing in the New Year, French style, in the largest party Beverly Hills has to offer. Nearly 2,000 people are expected in this beautiful affair, where you’ll be able to party with 4 of LA’s top DJs in 2 areas of music – with 3 areas to mingle and, of course, 5 hours of open bar.
New Year’s Eve in London is centred around one of the city’s most iconic attractions, Big Ben.
Every year, more than 250,000people take to the banks of the Thames river and take in a breathtaking 10-minute lightshow and fireworks display. While the celebration may not be as big as in some of the other cities included in this list, guests get to enjoy beautiful views of many of the city’s biggest attractions in one place, including the London Eye, the Houses of Parliament, and the Shard, among many others, making for a magical experience.
Once the show ends there’s no shortage of after parties at various venues across town. Finally, on New year’s Day the streets of central London come alive with a parade featuring colorful floats, marching bands, costumed dancers, a procession of the Queen’s horses, and much more.
No list of party cities would be complete without mentioning good ol’ Vancity.
Every year the city offers a variety of events for people of all ages. One of the most popular events takes place at the downtown waterfront and reels in roughly 80,000visitors every year, making it Canada’s largest NYE event in terms of attendance. Adequately named New Year’s Eve Vancouver, the event features live musical entertainment, sponsor exhibitions, food trucks, live on-site broadcasts, an Early Eve fireworks display for families with young children, and a Midnight Countdown with spectacular fireworks over Coal Harbour.
There are plenty of other events spread across the city, including everything from markets and lightshows to raging nightclub parties.
Here are some of the hottest NYE event sin Vancouver. For tickets and more info, check out clubZone today:
- NYE 2017 Waterfront Gala Ball: The Fairmont Waterfront Hotel is hosting the most exclusive New Year’s Eve party in Vancouver! Welcome 2017 with open arms in this beautiful venue, with two rooms to party to the beat of some of the most amazing DJs in the region. Go VIP and enjoy the red carpet treatment, and remember this epic night forever by taking snaps at the Photo Booth!
- Glitz and Glamour Gala – DINNER and DANCE: The Hilton Metrotown opens its doors for the most elegant New Year’s Eve party in Vancouver! The top DJs in the city are dropping by to spin the best in the Top 40, Old School and Latin in the luxurious Tiffany Ballroom, where a live band will be playing by the stroke of midnight and get the party started. Bring some class to the start of 2017!
- New Year’s Eve Cocktail & Canape Cruise: Tired of the same old New Year’s Eve parties that all seem like the exact same one barely a few months later? Revel in a totally different experience to ring in 2017, boarding this epic Cocktail & Canapé cruise! Enjoy the best music and party favors the has to offer during this epic night, surrounded by the city’s beautiful skyline.
New York City, USA
Last but definitely not least on our list of top NYE cities is the Big Apple. Probably one of the most iconic cities on the planet, there is no denying that New York hosts one of the best NYE celebrations in the world.
The heart of the party lies at Times Square where over 1 million people gather to watch the annual ball drop, in which a 12ft-wide crystal weighing close to 12,000 pounds slowly descends atop One Times Square as the crowds countdown the final seconds of the year. Many of the bars and restaurants overlooking Times Square take reservations, which is a great way to catch the action without being crammed into the crowd. Besides that, there are countless harbor cruises, nightclub parties, and festivals worth checking out as well, as well as a fireworks display at Liberty Island.
Here are some of the hottest NYE events in new York City. For tickets and more info, visit clubZone today:
- Gatsby’s House New York New Years Eve 2017: Party like it’s the Roaring 20’s in this Gatsby-themed New Year’s Eve bash! Come to the Hudson Terrace and say good riddance to 2016 while taking in the majestic NYC skyline, in an 8-hour party to set the tone for 2017. Multiple party areas await, with 2 nightclub levels and 5 DJs, a VIP section and the best table service packages.
- 12th Annual “Celebrity Style” New Years Eve Fireworks Gala: The Pyramid Club is hosting the 12th edition of its annual Celebrity Style New Year’s Eve gala, and you can join in! Enjoy the most amazing fireworks show Philly has to offer, seeing the skyline from the 52nd floor of the BNY Mellon Center. Take your pick among the multiple rooms, with quiet cocktails or heavy partying, and celebrate on your